MediaFiler is the easiest asset acquisition software in the industry. Your traffic system or our dublist processor can be used to create a drop-down list of “to be dubbed” material. ShowTimer, PathFire and/or FlipFactory interfaces add a “need to review” list in the MediaFiler drop-down list. The operator simply selects the house-name and up to three simultaneous destinations (1 primary and 2 backup source) then MediaFiler populates all known metadata automatically. This minimizes data entry errors and can eliminate the printed “check-off sheet”. Source control can be accomplished directly from the software with simple keyboard and mouse clicks or through an optional hands-on Shuttle-Jog Controller.
- Use house Traffic system to populate a drop-down dub “to-do” list.
- Interfaces with ShowTimer, PathFire, and FlipFactory to populate “to-do” list for must-review-before-air material.
- Ingest into a primary and up to two backup locations.
- VTR source may be controlled from the Media Filer interface or through an optional Shuttle Jog Controller (“hands-on” control panel similar to a Sony or Panasonic VTR Shuttle-Jog control panel).
- Ingest in 3 steps: Record, Review & Accept.
- Efficiently ingest from video tape machines or video servers.
- Transfer into 1, 2, or 3 storage devices at the same time.
- Access Traffic Dub List information with an integrated media database to reduce data entry.
- Easily enter & review metadata including House Name, Media Name, Advertiser Name, Product, Agency ID, Expiration Date, & Federal Code.
- Automatically store metadata in the central Florical media database.
- Optionally record source material & trim the results on the target video server.
- Review and Approve: Automatically review recorded material on any target storage device for accuracy. Simultaneously record & review material on the target.
- Easily reject & rerun transfers for perfect material.
- Quickly verify that the first frame (SOM) is captured on each target copy
- Share resources: Reduce equipment costs by sharing machine control resources with other Florical automation products.
- Share the same source & target machines between multiple MediaFiler workstations.
- Support virtually all VDCP protocol video servers & Sony protocol VTRs.
- Access separate databases used in ShareCasting & multi-channel operations.
- Control: control all source & record machines from one console.
- Control shuttle/jog, fast forward, rewind, stop, jog one frame & go to beginning/end of file.
- Use the optional multimedia controller with jog/shuttle knob & buttons for improved productivity & enhanced control.
- Get machine status & current position feedback.
- Automatically connect source & target machines with optional source router control.
- Automatically switch the video monitor source with the optional monitor router control.
- Improve Quality: Get frame accurate transfers automatically.
- Easily mark in-mark outsource or target material with frame-by-frame review.
- Start high & low resolution encodes within the same TV frame for accurate time code in the original & proxy material.
System: Dell / Intel Core 2 computer with Microsoft Windows Windows XP Pro-SP3, 3.0GHz CPU, 2 GB RAM, 160GB HD X2, RAID1.
- Additional VTR: Control an additional video tape machine as a source.
- Additional Video Server Port: Control an additional video server encoder port for ingest & decoder port for review.
- Shared Machine Control: Support shared machine control with a Florical device server for one or more MediaFiler devices.
- Ingest Source Router Control: Control a single router output to automatically connect a source to the target (add one for each target).
- Video Monitor Router Control: Control a single router output to automatically connect a video monitor for review of all sources or targets
- Multimedia Shuttle/Jog Controller: Add an external controller with jog/shuttle knob & buttons for improved productivity & enhanced control.
- Edit & encode tag placement on promotions with the Inscriber Namedropper XL, including split audio/video mark in points.
- Video servers controlled using VDCP protocol via RS-422 unless otherwise noted.
- Avid Pinnacle/HP:BVS, MediaStream 300, 700, 900, 1600, SAN series, 8000
- Accom: Abekas 6000
- 360 Systems: Imagestore 2000
- Grass Valley Group: Profile 100, 200, 400, XP Series, Profile MAN, iVDR, K2
- Leitch: VR300, VR420, VR440, VR445, Nexio
- Omneon: Networked Content Server Series
- SeaChange: BMC-830, BMS-830, BMC-1230, BMC-1250, BMC-1630, BMC-1650
- Sony: MAV-70
- Video Tape Recorders: VTRs controlled using Sony BVW protocol via RS-422.
- Routing Switchers: Nx1 routing switcher controlled using GVG TEX-XL or Leitch protocol via RS-422 include:
- Adrienne: AEC-1 (10×1) series, AEC-2 (10×2) series
- Evertz: X-12 Series, X-95 Series
- Grass Valley Group: Venus, Performer, Concerto, Horizon, Series 7000, Encore, TEN20, TEN-XL series
- Leitch: VIA32 Series, XPLUS Series, XPRESS Series, Integrator Series
- Practel: Series 16, Series 41, Series 64, Series 8000
- Probel: Freeway
- Videotek: RS-12 Series